About the Role:
Our Quality Assurance team is an integral part of our software development process. We need someone with expertise and a passion for continuous improvement, who can help us take our QA to the next level. As the QA Test Engineer, you will work alongside a team of software engineers to help build out our first automated testing environment. You will also work closely with the QA Automation Engineer to create a strategy and plan our QA work, taking into account the team's Agile test methodologies and processes. You will also develop and execute automated test scripts.
• Partner with software engineers and our QA Automation Lead Engineer to build out Passport's first test automation framework
• Pair with developers, support engineers, and the senior level engineering team to design scalable testing strategies
• Suggest and implement relevant testing technologies within Passport's existing technical environment to drive overall improvement, functionality, and efficiency of our environment
• Work with various types of QA -- Mobile Applications, Web Applications, Front End, Backend, Manual, Automation, and Systems -- with a focus on product quality
• Help create and maintain a framework to manage critical bugs and outages that need a timely response
• 3+ years of software QA experience in automation testing environments
• Experience with automation testing for web based API's such as REST
• Experience with Agile methodologies and Test Driven Development
• Experience with tools such as web monitoring, code coverage, and memory tools
• Experience with unit testing and integration testing
• Experience using object oriented programming languages, such as Java
• Prior experience building out new automation environments is highly preferred, but not required
You have a propensity towards continuous improvement and you strive to automate everything. There is always a better way to do things, and you love working with others to find those solutions through automation. You love the details and take great pride in ensuring you are operating as efficiently as possible. You regularly apply analytical thinking, problem solving, and decision-making skills - even in a fast-paced environment. You know how to document and test, and you follow through on those activities. You can multitask between multiple complex projects like a rockstar. You measure everything. You are inquisitive. You listen, collaborate, take note of alternate viewpoints, and implement the best solutions. You can communicate with the best by being clear, concise, and listening.
You read the books, you’ve followed the blogs, and as someone committed to continual improvement, you’re excited to improve our overall testing environment.
**NO VISA SPONSORSHIP OR TRANSFER AVAILABLE
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or other category or classification protected by applicable law.