About the Role:
Our Quality Assurance team is an integral part of our software development process. We are looking for someone with the expertise and drive to lead us into the next phase of our QA efforts. As the QA Automation Lead Engineer, you will work alongside a team of software engineers to build out our first automated testing environment, oversee test planning and strategy of a small QA team, help establish the team's Agile test methodologies and processes, and develop and execute automated test scripts.
• Lead a team of both local and offshore QA engineers while remaining 50% hands-on with your own QA work
• Work in partnership with engineers to build out Passport's test automation framework
• Pair with developers, support engineers, and the senior level engineering team to design scalable testing strategies
• Suggest and implement relevant testing technologies within Passport's existing technical environment to drive overall improvement, functionality, and efficiency of our environment
• Work with various types of QA -- Mobile Applications, Web Applications, Front End, Backend, Manual, Automation, and Systems -- with a focus on product quality
• Forecast and report potential delays in deliverables, and communicate with appropriate teammates to ensure all are on the same page around expectations / timelines
• Build and maintain performance goals of the QA team, constantly striving for improvement and higher standards
• Create and maintain a framework to manage critical bugs and issues that need a timely response
• 5+ years of software QA experience, 3+ years in automation
• Experience with automation testing for web based API's such as REST
• Experience with automation QA tests, processes, and reports
• Experience with Agile methodologies and Test Driven Development
• Experience with tools such as web monitoring, code coverage, and memory tools
• Experience with unit testing, integration testing, performance testing, and regression testing
• Experience using object oriented programming languages, such as Java
You have a propensity towards continuous improvement and you strive to automate everything. You love the details and take great pride in ensuring you and your team are operating as efficiently as possible. You regularly apply analytical thinking, problem solving, and decision-making skills - even in a fast-paced environment. You know how to document and test, and you follow through on those activities. You can multitask between multiple complex projects while also leading a team. You measure everything. You are inquisitive. You love working with teams. You listen, collaborate, take note of alternate viewpoints, and implement the best solutions. You can communicate with the best by being clear, concise, and listening.
You read the books, you’ve followed the blogs, and as someone committed to continual improvement, you’re excited to improve our overall testing environment.
NO VISA SPONSORSHIP OR TRANSFER AVAILABLE
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or other category or classification protected by applicable law.